Janel Cycling Shop
Borrego Springs Cycling Camp
You missed #BorregoCamp 2020 and we sure missed you! Follow the #BorregoCamp hashtag on instagram and search facebook for all the fun camp posts, read below for more info, and send me a message if you have any questions. Save the date for next year, January 24th - 29th! Registration for #BorregoCamp 2021 is coming soon!
What did I miss?
Ride, eat, recover, smile, laugh, sing. Dedicate a week to your cycling self! Climb the famed Palomar Mountain, soak in the California sun in the Anza-Borrego Desert, experience the thrill of descending the “glass elevator” Montezuma Road to the quaint town of Borrego Springs. Enjoy all of this knowing you have coaches to help you learn and grow, you’re never far from the next fully stocked aid station and pro mechanic, and when you get done with your ride, there will be a post-ride meal, recovery lounge, and optional nap awaiting you. Not to mention… an evening filled with laughs, dinner, and the night’s presentation. We may not be pro riders, but you sure will feel like one.
Daily distance: 60 - 100 miles
Daily elevation gain: 5,000 – 10,000 feet
Daily ride time: 4 – 8 hours
Wednesday is our all-camp recovery day where we shorten ride time to about 2 hours and enjoy the mountains by viewing them from afar. We’ll focus on active recovery on the bike and in the Backmate Recovery Lounge.
Where: Borrego Springs, CA at the Borrego Springs Resort, 1112 Tilting T Drive.
• Fresh & delicious dinners, Sunday – Thursday.
• Post-ride meal ready after every ride, Monday – Friday.
• 5 days of coached base miles training with Janel Spilker and her team of pro riders and coaches. Ten spots for 3-day riders (Sunday evening – Wednesday afternoon).
• On-the-road support provided by pro mechanics.
• Stocked aid stations with food and hydration on our four long rides.
• Welcome bag with Janel Cycling jersey (yes!) and t-shirt plus goodies and discounts from our camp partners.
• 60-100 mile rides with 5,000-10,000 feet of climbing each day.
• Four different paced groups so you can find the right base pace for you.
• Two ride leaders per group who are experienced pros/coaches/racers to guide you on each day’s route.
• Evening workshops covering topics such as training, nutrition and recovery.
• Recovery lounge provided by Backmate including the Backmate, Power Roller and Power Massager.
• Photos by Wil Matthews to capture our smiles and adventures all week.
#BorregoCamp Kits: They are fun and a jersey is included with registration! Want the matching bibs or more kit? Order that here! To get your kit in time for camp, register for camp or place your order before Dec 5th at 5pm PT. More info here.
Haven't joined our email list? Please do!