Janel Cycling Shop
Out There presented by Liv and Giant
October 1st - 4th, 2020
“Out There gives you a taste of everything you would want to experience on a bicycle.” – Lauren Hall
"I won't ever forget this awesome adventure." - Neil Barry
The gravel adventure of a lifetime awaits…
Three enchanting, fully supported rides, exploring the remote roads of the Eastern Sierras and Death Valley. Ride rarely traveled, let alone pedaled, rugged and startling terrain with the most incredible coaches and support team. Connect with fellow riders, yourself, and the world in a way you might not have known you needed. Take on all the challenges and fill yourself up with the goodness we find Out There. Ghost towns. Abandoned mines. Joshua trees. Majestic granite peaks. A mix of gravel, dirt, byways, and highways, and a little taste of sand just for fun. No matter where you are on your gravel journey, this camp will improve your skills and confidence as a part of a wild adventure. #OutThereGravel
#OutThereGravel camp fee includes:
• Adventure gravel cycling camp, Thursday - Sunday.
• 3 nights lodging.
• All meals (Thursday dinner through Sunday lunch).
• 3 fully supported adventurous rides including ride food and hydration.
• Coaching by Janel and her team of exceptional ride leaders.
• Support by pro mechanics on and off the road.
• Custom jersey by Giant and Liv Custom Apparel.
• Full camp photo gallery by Wil Matthews (check out his photos from our test event below).
• Recovery tools and techniques from Backmate.
• Fun swag from Janel Cycling partners.
Your responsibility: Arrive in Lone Pine, CA in the evening on Thursday, Oct 1st ready for adventure.
Stay tuned for some exciting announcements about the finer details of camp by signing up for email updates below. You never know who will be along for the adventure or what surprises we have in store!
Lodging: We will spend two nights in Lone Pine and one night farther afield. Yes! That means some point-to-point riding! We will do our best to accommodate rooming choice. Please make a note when you register if you want to share a room with a particular attendee. There is one night where options will be limited and some who request a single room might need to share. If that happens, we will refund you the difference in price.
Rides & ride level: This camp is for the gravel initiated, intermediate to advanced level gravel rider. But fear not! We will have two groups and we pride ourselves on fostering an incredibly supportive, fun, nurturing atmosphere. Friday and Saturday’s rides will be challenging, long days of 70 miles or more, taking well over 5 hours to pedal. Sunday will be around 60 miles with an option to go shorter for those who need to “get outta Dodge.” Each day will include over 5000 feet of climbing.
Equipment: Gravel bikes, disc brakes, and wide tires are the name of the #OutThereGravel game. Don’t have a gravel bike? More exciting news on this front soon…
Notes when registering:
• Registration is limited to 20 riders. Don't get waitlisted...
• For groups of 2 or more, register and "add to cart" one rider at a time, including meal and room preferences, as well as emergency contact info.
• Please make note of our cancellation policy.
Kits: Camp jerseys are (rad) race cut Giant Men's and Liv Women's Race Day kits. Sizing info can be found in the Giant Sizing Guide and Liv Sizing Guide (top two charts) on this page. If you are in between a size, order a size up.
Questions? I love answering questions! Contact Janel here.
Photo gallery by the amazing Wil Matthews.
Want to get camp updates? Sign up here: