Janel Cycling Shop
Liv Women's Camp, Ventura, CA
April 5-7, 2019
Ladies, put your hands together because this camp is just for us! Have you been looking for a way to improve as a cyclist? Do you wish you were better equipped to handle longer rides? Do you have a bike but don’t ride as much as you’d like? And don’t we all want to have more fun cruising down the road with other women? Join me and the women of Liv for a 3-day camp experience that will help with all of these things! This women’s camp is for any female cyclist who wants to learn in an encouraging and fun group environment. With the support of Liv, we have an incredible weekend planned. What's included?
- Coaching with Janel and assistant coach, regional Liv ambassador and Newbury Park Bike Shop Events Director, Dorothy Sullivan.
- 3 days of gorgeous road rides that will take you from the beach to the hills.
- Skills practice to improve your bike handling, group riding, and safety on the road.
- Talks that will address your burning questions and build your cycling knowledge.
- 8 group meals beginning with breakfast at check-in and concluding with late lunch on Sunday.
- On-the-road mechanical support provided by the pros of Newbury Park Bike Shop.
- Ride food and hydration to fuel the fun.
- Active recovery session provided by Backmate to get your body and mind ready for the next day's ride.
- Welcome bag and goodies from our camp partners.
- As many smiles and laughs as you can handle!
Daily distance: 25-50 miles
Daily elevation gain: 1,000-3,500 feet
Daily ride time: 2-4 hours + on-the-bike skills
Friday: Welcome breakfast, skills and ride (3 meals)
Saturday: Skills, longer ride and evening talk (3 meals)
Sunday: Longer ride and hugs goodbye at late-lunch (2 meals)
Where: Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach, 450 E Harbor Blvd, Ventura, CA 93001Participant Responsibility:
- Lodging must be booked directly by calling the Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach (see hotel information below). We recommend arriving on Thursday April 4th.
- Arrive at camp with working, well-maintained bicycle, cycling shoes, helmet, clothing and bottles. Bring your saddle bag / flat kit too.
- You’ll receive more information such as packing tips, schedule, and routes the week before camp, but it’s important that your cycling shoes have cleats for clipping into your pedals.
- For gearing, I recommend a compact crank with 50/34 tooth chainrings and an 11-28 or 11-32 cassette. Please email me if you have any equipment questions ahead of time.
- Reserve your hotel room by calling the Crowne Plaza at 805-648-2100.
- If we meet the hotel minimum requirement, whatever room rate you are quoted will later be changed to our reduced group rate. Don't make your reservation online or through a third party website because you will not qualify for the reduced rate. Email me with any questions.
- Check-in at 4:00pm. Check-out at 11:00am.
- Room block guaranteed until March 15th.
- Clipping in and out of your road pedals.
- Riding 20+ miles, 2-3 times a week on average.
Please read and keep in mind our refund/cancellation policy.
Images by @photowil